Gibbons Ford is seeking a Detail Technician to add to our team. Must be able to work in a professional setting and complete work within standard time frames. Skill set should include experience washing, waxing and buffing all types of vehicles within a team environment. Full time and part time positions available. All positions do require Saturday availability. Valid driver's license is required. Benefits available for full time.
The MAJOR TASKS are listed below, but the incumbent may be assigned to other duties.
- Washes the outsides of the vehicles, washes the windows inside and outside and wipes the hold-open mechanisms.
- Applies wax to the bodywork and wipes or buffs the surface with non-abrasive products.
- Vacuums the vehicles inside to remove dust and debris.
- Cleans the upholstery, carpets and other surfaces, using appropriate cleaners, applicators and cleaning equipment.
- Applies preservatives to interior vinyl or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with appropriate spot removers.
- Cleans the engine and engine compartment with special cleaning equipment and various cleaners.
- Applies special purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which do not respond to ordinary cleaning procedures, using his/her experience and judgment and following the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Inspects the vehicles to detect any visible defects, such as bumps, scratches and torn upholstery.
- Refurbishes the engine compartment, carpets and upholstery.
- Applies dressing to the tires.
- Ensures that the show room and the vehicles in stock are clean and in good condition at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Performs other tasks, based on management requirements and instructions.
Gibbons Ford is an equal opportunity employer